Friday, October 4, 2013

I Need a Daily Schedule

I think some Moms really like the general weekly guidelines of Oak Meadow.  I'm discovering that I probably would do better with a daily schedule.  Why?  I am so good in getting daily math done.  I know it needs to be done every day. I have a rough idea how much we need to do.  So we do it.  Not a problem.  For other stuff, I'm really sporadic.  While I had hoped we'd have certain Science days....certain Social Studies days...it just isn't happening.  So, hopefully over the weekend I'll be working on a more detailed schedule.

Math-wise, DS finished up chapter four of Math-in-Focus.  I then switched us to Math Mammoth 4A for now...as there are only two more chapters left in 4A.

English-wise, we're continuing with Galore Park Jr. 1.  We did our first BraveWriter Friday Freewrite today, and it went really well.

DS is reading "Harriet the Spy" and loving it.

We've continued with Galore Park Jr. Science, but I've been a total slacker on OM science and any sort of hands on.

We finished the Native American creation stories in OM3, and began to work on our report on the Calusa Native Americans.  We continued with this series. Most of them, our library had, but we had to buy this one from Amazon.  Honestly, I'm learning so much that I don't mind at all. :)

Found this great resource for drawing.  It is perfect for Native American studies.  We do the copywork in cursive...and in Waldorf-y colored pencils. :)  The Oak Meadow drawing lessons haven't really been working for us. I think we came too late...or just haven't spent the time on them.  As my goal is for my kids to just have an art-filled environment, this works just fine for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment